- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 bulb of fennel diced fine
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata/Castelvetrano olives
- 1/4 cup minced chives
Combine the lemon zest, garlic, thyme and cayenne; rub over fillets. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
In the same pan, sauté the red pepper and onions & fennel in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Serve with snapper. Sprinkle with olives and chives. Yield: 4 servings.