Kale has moved from the edge of the plate to a prime position in meals across the nation.
What's so great about kale?
- It's full of vitamins. One cup of cooked kale contains 1000% vitamin K. It also contains 100% vitamin A and vitamin C. It contains 10% of your daily fiber needs. It also has 10% manganese, copper and vitamin B6.
- One serving contains 20% of your daily Omega-3 needs.
- It's great for heart health since it's high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- It can lower your cancer risk. It contains glucosinolates, which break down into isothiocyanates that have cancer inhibiting benefits.
- It can lower cholesterol.
- It's chock full of antioxidants.