The easier you can make something, the better. Hacks can be truly helpful in all areas of life, including fitness.
The key is understanding that some type of moving is non-negotiable. It's not "will I work out today?" but "when will I work out today?"
Kathleen Trotter, author of Finding Your Fit, shares her top eight fitness hacks:
1) Distract yourself while you workout. Use music, podcasts, TV shows or movies.
2) Reward yourself with something that is appealing to you, such as a pedicure, trip to the movies, or golf outing (try to not make the rewards food-based).
3) Stay hydrated. Your body cannot perform optimally if you're dehydrated.
4) Something is better than nothing. Commit to 10 minutes, and more often than not, you'll go longer. You can also break up your workouts into 10-minute chunks.
5) Utilize self-talk and mantras. Discipline is a learned skill; you may need to have a stern talk with yourself in order to follow through.
6) Go on fitness "dates" with friends. Accountability is a huge motivator.
7) Set yourself up for success by always having a plan. Schedule activities in your calendar, always have your gym bag packed, or sleep in your workout clothes if you need to.
8) Follow somebody who inspires you or who makes you feel good about yourself.
Listen in to learn how you can use these hacks to reach your fitness goals.
Buy on Amazon
Finding Your Fit: A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit