Dr. Frank Lipman recommends his Six Pillars of Health to restore wellness and internal balance.
- Eat. There is no single, correct diet. A lower-carb diet is a good idea as you age. Your plate should be 70% veggies, 10-20% of protein and 10-20% of healthy fats.
- Sleep. Your body needs time to restore. Your brain needs time for the cleaning crew to tidy up. Allow yourself time to transition to bed.
- Move. Exercise your body daily.
- Protect yourself from toxins. Pay attention to the food you’re eating. Remove as many chemicals from your environment as much as possible. Consume plenty of fiber to move toxins out of your gut.
- Unwind and de-stress. Meditate or engage in a breathing practice to calm yourself down. Laughing may help bring you back to balance.
- Connect with yourself and others. Get in tune with yourself. Honor the seasons and enjoy nature. Enjoy your family. Have a social life. Be kind.
Listen as Dr. Lipman joins Dr. Susanne Bennett to discuss his plan for restoring internal balance.